“For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me” – Matthew 25:35
- PWRDF Website
- Video of Thanks from our Mission Partners
- 2016 Year in Review
- Huron Hunger Fund Brochure
- Top 10 Differences between HHF and PWRDF
- Follow PWRDF on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PWRDF
- Like PWRDF on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pwrdfcan
- PWRDF’s Youtube channel, for videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/PWRDF
- PWRDF’s Flickr page, with photos for downloading and sharing: https://www.flickr.com/photos/45005153@N07/
- You can also stay up to date with our calendar for diocesan reps, and monthly email update: View PWRDF Calendar calendar
- Sign up for the email update here: http://pwrdf.org/email-update-subscription/
- For youth in your diocese: www.justgeneration.ca provides news resources, and opportunities for youth to engage with PWRDF.
What is the Huron Hunger Fund?
The Huron Hunger Fund is our local branch of the Primates World Relief and Development Fund (PWRDF).
Each congregation in the deanery elects a representative at their annual vestry meeting, to be their contact for PWRDF.
PWRDF is the ministry of Canadian Anglicans engaging in development work (both within Canada and across the world), responding to emergencies, protecting refugees and educating and advocating for change.
Unlike many agencies that do similar work, PWRDF has very low administrative costs, so donations go toward the intended outreach.
Our partners are present in communities, and work with local leaders and people to determine the needs and the most appropriate responses to those needs.
“Inspired by the vision
of a spirit-filled community of hope,
PWRDF walks together with partners
in Canada and overseas
to share in the creation
of a more just and peaceful world”.